AUCTION TERMS & CONDITIONS
All prospective buyers must obtain a BUYER NUMBER from the sale office. Acceptable methods of payment are cash, cashier’s checks or travelers’ checks, Visa or MasterCard, and personal check. Issuing a check with insufficient funds is a felony and will be handled as such.
ALL CREDIT CARD PURCHASES WILL BE SUBJECT TO A 4% CONVENIENCE CHARGE; THE 7.1% NEVADA SALES TAX WILL BE ADDED TO THE SALE PRICE. Any exemptions as per NRS must be cleared in advance.
TRANSFER OF REGISTRATION PAPERS
Papers will be sent directly to AQHA for transfer. The $25.00 transfer fee will be included on your invoice. Having your AQHA membership number available at time of purchase will expedite the transfer process. If you do not have a current AQHA membership, you will be issued one by AQHA and billed directly from them before they will transfer your registration papers. This is the buyer’s responsibility once papers are sent to AQHA by sale management.
Telephone bidders must register with the Van Norman Sale management (see phone numbers above).
IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ
• The auctioneer will protect the sellers. Auctioneer reserves the right to reject any and all bids.
• Horses are the buyer’s property as soon as they are sold. Horses may not leave the grounds until final settlement has been made on all purchases. Absentee purchases will be held for five (5) days free of charge after which board of $10 per day will be assessed until horses are picked up. Transportation is the responsibility of the buyer; however, sale management will assist as much as possible with arrangements. Absentee buyers will be contacted either during the sale or immediately after to make payment and transportation arrangements.
• All horses will have a Negative Coggins and their general overall health verified upon entering the sale. Health certificates for out-of-state travel if required may be purchased through the sale veterinarian. All broodmares will have been pregnancy checked and their status announced.
• The horses cataloged in this sale are not required to have a vet check for soundness issues, although all reasonable effort has been made to offer quality animals with no known defects. A vet will be available to address any concerns prior to purchase. If x-rays are requested, they will be at the potential buyer’s expense. After purchase any issues as to health, soundness, or temperament should be reported to the seller within 7 days (Saturday, September 24) Any arrangements or agreements in this regard are strictly between the buyers and seller.
• Should a preexisting condition be determined, the horse may be returned within the designated one week time period for a full refund excluding credit card convenience charge ( if applicable). Any arrangements as to vet bills or return transportation are to be made between the buyer and seller. The sale company will serve as an intermediary and will work with both the buyer and seller to resolve the issue. Catalog footnotes and video of sale including auctioneer and seller comments will be used in this determination.
• Every effort has been made to assure correctness of the catalog; however, the seller, sale management and auctioneer are not responsible for errors or omissions. All statements and corrections announced at the time of the sale shall supersede the catalog. All comments in the catalog are from the sellers, not sale management. Prospective buyers have ample opportunity to contact consignors ahead of time with questions and to view horses during the preview and in the barns. Therefore, “due diligence” in researching potential purchases is expected. The entire sale will be recorded for the express purpose of settling any dispute that should arise regarding statements made in the auction ring.